cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail downloading to Jabber client but it does not play.

Craig Russell
Level 1
Level 1

We have just loaded Jabber for windows 9.4 on quite a few clients, everything works except Voicemail.

The voicemail downloads to the clients shows up in the jabber client, flags the message waiting indicators, but is unable to play.

It just blinks quickly and indicates it is now read. it also says zero seconds.

I went to the local folder on the windows client and these files are there. This is the file "IMAP_INBOX.1275527282.220-0" this file is the voicemail but does not play.

Has any one seen this? Idea's?

Thanks

Folder:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\Voicemail\USERNAME

Filenames:

IMAP_INBOX.1275527282.220-0

_audioAttachmentNamesForVoicemailUniqueIdentifier

_uniqueIdentifiers

3 Replies 3

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Craig,

Is Voicemail server Unity or Unity Connection? Jabber for windows only supports Unity Connection 8.0 or later.

Thanks,

Maqsood

I am experiencing the same symptoms on a recently upgraded Presence server.  Just upgraded CUP from 7.0.4 to 8.6.4.  Jabber 9.0.5 and 9.1 as well as CUPC 8.6 all have the issue.  Voicemail messages are listed with length 0:00 and when you click play, no audio.  Unity connection is running 7.1.2 We will be upgrading Unity Connection in a couple weeks.

When I point an Outlook IMAP client at Unity Connection I can see and play the entire wav file, so the Unity Connection server appears to be working properly for IMAP connections.

Before the upgrade, CUPC 7.1 clients could access voicemail messages through CUPC.

jhouck2006
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed v9.1.3 and found the same (or at least similar) problem. The voicemails show the true length, but when you try to play them they give a short burst of static and then end.

Navigating to the user folder and using Windows Media Player allows the files to be heard, so the files are definitely okay. Is it possibly a G729 issue in Jabber?

UPDATE: I took one of the voicemail files and converted it from G729 to G711-ulaw, logged out and back into Jabber and could hear the voicemail.

Message was edited by: John Houck