Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP unable to unmute after Mute-All from CMM

Are VoIPs supposed to be able to unmute themselves after a Mute-All from CMM?

Jabber, desktop and room VTCs are able to unmute themselves. For someone calling into a conference from a VoIP; they would need to disconnect and reconnect to the call to be heard after being muted. Is this intentional? Or is there something wrong on my end causing our phone's not being able to unmute?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Probably the calls get a calllegprofile assigned, which has no privilege to unmute. Check the API settings in CMS.

Thank you for the response. CMS isn't my strong suit. I checked API and under calllegprofile. We only have 1 object listed. There is an option muteSelfAllowed <unset>. I tried changing that to True, but that didn't work.

If you could point me in the right direction, how would I make sure those calls aren't being assigned to the calllegprofile? Or is there a guide that I have overlooked that my help?

The question is, is this profile applied anywhere?
If you don't have set any profiles on a coSpace or accessMethod, then it takes the profile from the system (the "default" profiles so to say).
Via the API, under "/api/v1/system/profiles" check which profiles are assigned. And then modify any assigned callLegProfile or add a new one with your settings.
More info about the API can be found here depending on your version: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/conferencing/meeting-server/products-programming-reference-guides-list.html