cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex. Adding LYNC uri to email templates

jonragnar
Level 1
Level 1

I have been contacted by a customer to add skype for buisness for connecting to meetings.

That have to be added via templates and the guides are note clear on that. Just that i have to add %LYNCuri% to the templates but i have no idea how to format it.

please advise

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I assume you are adding it to the HTML. The preview also will not show the link, only when you send an actual invite.

Can you show your HTML code for the invite? For example, this is all I have in the section below the Green Join button.

<table><tr style="line-height: 20px"><td style="height:20px">&nbsp;</td></tr></table>
%TPInformationHtml_Simple%
<BR>
%JoinByPhoneHtml_Simple%
<BR>
%LyncURI%
<table><tr style="line-height: 20px;"><td style="height:20px">&nbsp;</td></tr></table>

View solution in original post

Hey JR,

I assume you discovered this by now, however I am not seeing an update here so will do so.

Depending on the settings the account is set up with it is possible to pull from different Email Templates. 

Most of these were mentioned, except for the Webex Email Template Named - "Meeting Invitation"

So when you are wanting to ensure you capture all the possibilities for regular Meeting Center Attendee's and include (or remove) the LYNC URI information please change all three of these:

- MC MeetingInfo For Attendee

- MC MeetingInfo For Attendee(Productivity Tools)

- Meeting Invitation

Then add or remove %LyncURI% , depending on how you want to include or remove options for Skype / LYNC.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Open the email template and in the HTML Body, I would enter it as:

<BR>%LyncURI%<BR>

It will translate similar to below:

Join using Microsoft Lync or Microsoft Skype for Business
Dial <meetingid>.<sitename>@lync.webex.com

Hey Mike

Thank you for providing this answer.

What templates are most commonly used? I am not 100% sure what template to change?

It depends on how your users schedule meetings. If utilizing the Outlook plugin, then use this one:
MC MeetingInfo For Attendee(Productivity Tools)
Otherwise - MC MeetingInfo For Attendee covers meetings from the web.

Note, these are covered for Meeting Center only. Events, Training, and Support sessions have different templates but MC typically covers the majority.

Thanks again Mike

I have been messing around with this but i fail to get the correct results. 

When i add the <BR>%LyncURI%<BR> to the "Invitation to a meeting in progress" template i will just see "<BR>%LyncURI%<BR>" in the email, guess i am missing something here

Thanks again Mike

I have been messing around with this but i fail to get the correct results. 

When i add the <BR>%LyncURI%<BR> to the "Invitation to a meeting in progress" template i will just see "<BR>%LyncURI%<BR>" in the email, guess i am missing something here

I assume you are adding it to the HTML. The preview also will not show the link, only when you send an actual invite.

Can you show your HTML code for the invite? For example, this is all I have in the section below the Green Join button.

<table><tr style="line-height: 20px"><td style="height:20px">&nbsp;</td></tr></table>
<BR>
%JoinByPhoneHtml_Simple%
<BR>
%LyncURI%
<table><tr style="line-height: 20px;"><td style="height:20px">&nbsp;</td></tr></table>

Hi Mike

Here is the html for the Invitation to a meeting in progress

<style type="text/css">
div,p,td,span {word-wrap: break-word;word-break: normal;}

table {border-collapse: separate; border: 0;border-spacing: 0;border-color: white; width:100%!important;width:525px; max-width:100%!important; min-width: 279px!important;}
tr {line-height: 20px;}

td,a {font-size: 15px;font-family: Arial;color: #666666;padding:0;}
</style>

<table style="padding:0; margin:0" width="100%" align="left">
<tr>
<td style="padding-top:5px;">
<table style="width: 525px;margin-left:5px" align="left">
<tr>
<td valign="top">
%ForwardDescHtml%
<table>
<tr>
<td style="color: #4D4D4D">
%AttendeeNameEX%
</td>
</tr>

<tr style="margin:0px">
<td style="color: #4D4D4D;padding-top:10px;">My Webex meeting is in progress.
</td>
</tr>
</table>

%AlternateHostDescriptionHtml%

<table width="100%">
<tr>
<td style="font-size:16px; color:#4D4D4D">
<b>%Topic%</b>
</td>
</tr>
<td>%MeetingDateOrRecurrence%
</td>
</tr>
<td>%MeetingTime%&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;%TimeZone%&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;%MeetingDuration%
</td>
</tr>
</table>

<table style="width:auto; width:auto!important">
<tr>
<td>
%MeetingNumberLabelHtml% %MeetingNumber%
</td>
</tr>
</table>
%HostNumberDesHtml%
<table style="width:auto; width:auto!important">
<tr>
<td>%MeetingPasswordLabelHtml% %MeetingPasswordHtml%</td>
</tr>
</table>

%NumericMeetingPasswordHtml%

<br><FONT size="2" COLOR="#FF0000">%SecureMeetingNotes%</FONT><br>

<table style="width:auto;width:auto!important;">
<tr>
<td style="width:auto!important; "><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="width:auto;width:auto!important;background-color:#43A942; border:2px solid #43A942;min-width: 186px!important;">
<tr>
<td align="center" style="padding:14px 20px 14px 20px;"><a href="%MeetingInfoURL%" style="color:#FFFFFF; font-size:20px; text-decoration:none;">Join Meeting</a> </td>
</tr>
</table></td>
<td style="width:auto!important;"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="width:auto;width:auto!important;min-width:186px!important;">
<tr>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
</table></td>
</tr>
</table>

<BR>
%JoinByPhoneHtml_Simple%
<BR>
%LyncURI%
<table>
<tr>
<td style="font-size: 13px;font-family: Arial;color: #666666;">
<a href="https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/WBX000029055" style="text-decoration:none;font-size:13px;font-family:Arial;color:#00AFF9;font-color:#00AFF9;">
Can't join the meeting?
</a>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<table><tr style="line-height: 10px;"><td style="height:10px">&nbsp;</td></tr></table>
<table>
<tr>
<td style="font-size:12px;color: #A0A0A0;">
%DisclaimerHtml%</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

When I copy and paste this into my template, I get the correct Lync URI being generated. If you are not, it might be time to check with TAC.

Do i need to add some information elsewhere so it can be generated normally?

Like some URL 

I do not know of any other way to generate the skyp dialing other than %LyncURI%. You would need to make sure it is in all the templates that your users would create meetings. Creating a meeting from the website is a different template than PTools / Outlook integration.

Thank you so much for your help. 

I am gonna look into this and talk to TAC if needed

best regards

JR

Hey JR,

I assume you discovered this by now, however I am not seeing an update here so will do so.

Depending on the settings the account is set up with it is possible to pull from different Email Templates. 

Most of these were mentioned, except for the Webex Email Template Named - "Meeting Invitation"

So when you are wanting to ensure you capture all the possibilities for regular Meeting Center Attendee's and include (or remove) the LYNC URI information please change all three of these:

- MC MeetingInfo For Attendee

- MC MeetingInfo For Attendee(Productivity Tools)

- Meeting Invitation

Then add or remove %LyncURI% , depending on how you want to include or remove options for Skype / LYNC.

Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: