Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Migration & Upgrade 1.5 to 2.0

anis_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have an old UCS for Webex components. It has Esxi 5.1 Webex Meeting server 1.5, &  vCenter Server on it .

We have got new UCS box. We installed Esxi 5.5, Webex Meeting Server 2.0 ( using cisco-webex-meetings-server-2.0.1.107.B-AE.ova file) & vCenter Server on it.

We don't have central storage.

We need to migrate database from Webex 1.5 to Webex 2.0.

I have gone through webex administration guide, it says it has to be under same vCenter to migrate database Attaching an Existing VMDK File to a New Virtual Machine

In my case i have different vCenter Server for both CWMS & i dont have shared/central storage.

How should i proceed to migrate the database from version 1.5 to 2.0 or how can i bring both Webex Servers under same vCentre ?

Second question, Is the CWMS upgrade ova file same as installation file cisco-webex-meetings-server-2.0.1.107.B-AE.ova or its different ?

Regards,

17 Replies 17

Hi,

Thank you for the update. I am glad to hear you were able to successfully upgrade your system. Now, keep an eye on CWMS 2.5 which we expect to be released in the next few weeks, as it brings some cool new features to the product and the update is much simpler that this major upgrade.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

lordshawn
Level 1
Level 1

I have WebEx 50 users with IRP (So two virtual machines).  I'm running it on a C-series 220-m3. It has 8 300MB drives.  So How much free space do I need?  Is my option to move this to a NAS?  The instructions don't seem clear.

Hi,

If you have 8x 300GB disks, you can go with RAID-5 configuration which will provide you with 2.1TB of total disk space capacity (https://www.icc-usa.com/raid-calculator/). This will allow you to deploy CWMS 2.0 that requires 1.5TB of disk capacity. 

I hope this helps.

-Dejan