Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Productivity Tools CPU utilization

With the WebEx Productivity Tools installed under Windows, the PTIM.exe process steadily and constantly uses CPU cycles.  The cumulative CPU time from PTIM.exe is much higher than many of the other things running on the PC like Outlook or the web browser.  While this CPU load is light on a modern PC (about 250 MHz), it remains constant even when the PC is idle.  This also has negative implications on battery performance for notebooks in particular, as it can prevent a CPU from stepping down to lowest possible power consumption levels.

I've noticed this across a variety of platforms for some time, but recently dug in and looked closely at it on a few PCs all running productivity tools that come with WBS28.

Has anyone ever looked into this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question.

According to the WebEx team, the issue has been fixed in T28.11.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jdedell12
Level 5
Level 5

I have seen the same issue but have not seen a resolution yet.

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question.

According to the WebEx team, the issue has been fixed in T28.11.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community

Following up on this after a long delay... hard to determine what dot release the productivity tools correspond with (see below), but after installing this version (downloaded recently from our WBS28.12 site), this problem does seem to be resolved.  Thanks for the reply Kelli.

WebExPTIMversion.png

This issue was said to be closed but I frequently experience a significant decrease in performance after I attend a webex meeting.

As you can see below the PTIM.exe process steadily and constantly uses CPU cycles.  The cumulative CPU time from PTIM.exe is much higher than many of the other things running on the PC like Outlook or the web browser.

ptim_exe_CPU.png

Marc,

This issue was recently addressed here, and a fix is on the way:

ptim.exe WebEx Productivity Tools CPU utilization (2)

I hope this helps.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities