Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex "Music Mode" and "Optimize for all voices"

bbb bbb
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Webex Experts and Users,

A non-profit organization had an event and it was livestreamed via Webex. Had an opportunity to be part of the tech team.

The event had few numbers of live performance, music/videos for playback and hosted with emcee onsite..

The number of participants reached roughly between 250-300 participants

The livestreaming device is assigned as co-host.

However we noticed some things with regards to type of Audio and the audio quality during the event.

a. Noise removal - host/emcee voice is clear

b. Optimize for my voice - almost same as "Optimize for all voices"

c. Optimize for all voices - singer/performers audio is clear but music is not heard (like acapella or without instruments accompaniment)

d. Music Mode - Music is clear, singer/performer voice is heard but weak output. Tried to increase the volume of microphone on-site but audio feedback is heard on-site

bbbbbb_0-1725184166553.png

The diagram setup of the event for audio is below.

bbbbbb_1-1725188093502.png

Seeking your advice on how to improve audio quality using Webex and the setup.

Thank you and Best regards,

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You definitely want music mode. The other options are all meant for speech and use a lot of processing in an effort to filter out anything else. Optimize for my voice also attempts to differentiate between someone near the microphone vs. other voices in the background. Music mode turns all of that processing off.

Is the voice level similarly low if you record that USB audio input locally on the livestream laptop with something else such as Audacity? I’d expect that answer to be ‘yes’ and there’s nothing Webex can do about that. Other than some loss of fidelity due to the non-lossless Opus bitrate that Webex uses, music mode should be the unadulterated audio input.

Dear @Jonathan Schulenberg,

Thank you for information and validating what I notice while using the app. Yes, the Voice level is relatively low on Webex when "Music mode" is selected as you mentioned.

As suggested with my colleague to increase the microphone tuner to catch up with the overall loudness of the music while making the main mixer output tuner on-site a little bit lower to avoid audio feedback.

Need to check with Playback file also for audio quality. Will update this post once I get the chance to observe the result.

Best regards,