cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Whens the Ipad client going to be released ?

colin.flanagan
Level 1
Level 1

Whats ETA for ipad client availablity ?

Message was edited on April 21, 2013:  Kelli Glass, Cisco Collaboration Community Moderator, added community category and tags for greater ease in filtering (no change to content).

56 Replies 56

do you reckon they'll do it on Saturtday just to throw us off the scent

I'm still hoping for this week, but I'm hearing rumors about first half July from within Cisco. That said, I'm still checking a couple of times per day on the app store.

mgervase
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Colin and everyone else who's been following this discussion,

Jabber for iPad has been submitted to the iTunes App Store so its a matter of waiting to get the app officially approved and posted. That approval and posting could happen immediately or a few days from now. We can't be certain.

However, we'll be sure to make announcements as soon as we hear that Jabber for iPad is available for download in the app store.

I'm very excited for this app to be released to the market and I'm glad you are too.

Thanks so much for your patience, and keep checking back!

Mark Gervase

Collaboration Marketing

Mark, is the jabber for ipad client a single image that supports both enterprise and "free jabber"?  After installation,will it ask for configuration and proivde for enterpise setup or if the user wants to register for free jabber?  Regards, David

Apologies, forgotto log in first...

Mark, is the jabber for ipad client a single image that supports both enterprise and "free jabber"?  After installation,will it ask for configuration and proivde for enterpise setup or if the user wants to register for free jabber?  Regards, David

Yes when you set up the client you will have an option of VCS, CUCM or Jabber for TP for call control and the option for presence can be CUP or Connect

Thanks

Srini

Sorry missed that, when is it going to be released? We were told the end of June?

Please refer to Cisco Collaboration Marketing Manager Mark Gervase's post on this thread. The timing of the Jabber for iPad release is contingent on approval from the iTunes app store.

Check back here in the Collaboration Community for an announcement of its availability.

Thank you!

Kelli Glass

Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community

Srini,

So if I have access to a VCS and CUCM and @webex.com account, I can load Jabber for iPad and then depending on the cercomstance change my configuration and connect which ever way I need to.  Just not dymanically, correct?

And if I chose to select VCS, will I be able to put in both my Controller and Expressway addresses?

Thanks.  I await the release.

Rich

That's right

Srini

Mark -

Any updates on the status of this?  I figured if it was submitted to iTunes ten days ago we for sure would have seen something by now.  At this point the jokes from our customers on how long this has taken have moved from playful banter to embarrassment.  We have little credibility left with our customers.  It is awkward to keep telling our customers "it's held up at Apple/iTunes."  Is there any way we can get the client to install internally to at least show it's real?

Thanks,

--Neil

perfectly said Neil.Thanks.

I don't have a status update. I wish I did. I'm very eager to see this app available for download as are many of our customers.

Mark

this is pathetic. How could it take so long to come to market when Tandberg were working on things before the acquisition.

Sorry Mark,

That wasn't directed to you specifically!

Our customers are installing other products left, right and centre. It's embarrasing.