cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber - Outlook integration for messaging - use sAMAccountName or UPN in place of email address

Rémi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Do you know a way (maybe in jabber config file) to change the autofill in bellow

2021-03-03 13_56_03-Window.jpg

I would like to put sAMAccountName or UPN in place of email address

Rémi

2 Replies 2

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not in that part of the dialog box I don't believe.

If you are using premise based Exchange, you can choose the credential source that applies to this box, either user/password from one of the other services, or system account on Windows.

If you're using modern authentication, which is what that looks like to me as it appears to be setup for autodiscovery, then an account name there wouldn't do anything. Jabber parameters guide notes that with modern auth the other parameters don't take effect. I assume it just uses the email address that you've signed into Jabber with. If you're not using email for discovery but some other format that would be problematic.

I believe otherwise the customer would have to specify whatever should be in there to enable that feature. Its not the best integration given the state of other applications today, but, is how Jabber is.

Hi Adam,

This is what I thought... I know that customer doesn't follow 'best practices' but this is.

Anyway, thanks to took time to confirm this.
Have a nice day

Rémi