cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

XMPP Calendar sync with Jabber 4 W

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Seems pretty typical to have a bunch of federated contacts, as I do in my Jabber for Windows client, and wanting to arrange a meeting with several of them still requires me to ask their availability one by one.

Besides this 2009 post about ‘CalDav’, I cant find anything showing the promise of using XMPP (Jabber) to federate to another users domain mail server, so I can see calendar availability of potential meeting invitees and avoid having to determine availability manually.

Calendar Federation and XMPP

Has there been and discussion on this topic ?  If so, what was the outcome?  I have not been told it would be part of the offer, just curious about it.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

miwilusz
Level 1
Level 1

Steven,

This is a great idea, but I have not personally heard of Jabber looking to satisfy this requirement.  I know in the latest version of Exchange 2010, you can federate your calendar so you can share availability outside your organization.  Take a look:  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff607475.aspx

-mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: