Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Philip Hatt on 10-03-2010 11:51:18 AM
Hi.

Im new to this, so be patient ;)

With my Cisco 7931 I would like to automatically perform a HTTP request when answering a call. Parameters that should be sent along is: my own number and caller number. Example:
http://www.myurl.com/get.asp?mynumber=440&callernumber=XXXXXXXXXXXXX
I have IP Phone services available and can manage to install new services. The only thing I dont know is how to get my own and caller number as a parameter in service URL.  I know I can get devicename by using #DEVICENAME#. Is there any similar for extension and caller?

Best regards,

Philip

Subject: RE: Perform HTTP Request when answering call
Replied by: David Staudt on 10-03-2010 02:32:16 PM
This type of event monitoring and call info discovery will require using one of the CTI interfaces: TAPI or JTAPI.  Using CTI, an application connects to the UCM CTI Manager service, gets a list of phones it is allowed to monitor, registers interest in receiving events for a phone (like 'call established') and can inspect info like caller/called ID, or request call-control operations (like transfer, redirect, hangup, etc.)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links