Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11

Subject: RE: CVP JMX extensions
Replied by: David Womer on 15-07-2009 09:27:48 PM
Shane, you will actually need to add the "-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=7009 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false" to the registry key that tomcat uses to start as a service.  Tomcat uses a wrapper to exectute as a windows service and paramaters are set in the registry that this wrapper passes to the JVM.

Here's the key location. 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\VXMLServer\Parameters\Java

You will want to add onto the options value. You will see some exisitng options in there, just add the additonal options to the end of the string.
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: shane shifflett on 15-07-2009 09:17:43 PM
I found this post on the boards

http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/forums/-/message_boards/message/1057282?_19_redirect=%2Fweb%2Fcvp%2Fforums%2F-%2Fmessage_boards%2Fsearch%3F_19_redirect%3D%252Fweb%252Fcvp%252Fforums%252F-%252Fmessage_boards%252Fcategory%252F1056974%26_19_breadcrum...

concerning jmx but I cannot get it to work. 

In my catalina.bat file I added the following line at the beginning of the file:

set JAVA_OPTS=-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=7009 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false

I cannot remotely connect and when I run jconsole on the actual server it doesn't recognize any processes w/ JMX enabled.  Anyone have any ideas?

Subject: RE: CVP JMX extensions
Replied by: shane shifflett on 15-07-2009 10:07:35 PM
Thanks so much!  This worked perfectly.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links