Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Andrew MarcAurele on 27-08-2008 10:38:12 PM
My customer has ordered 1500 units of part number: CVP-4X-M500-REDPT.

Does this part number cover Call Server ports?
Does this part number cover VXML ports?
Should the customer receive a PAK number with this order that can used to generate server keys?

I can see this part number in the CCO configuration tool, but I can't find a description of the part number that explains what type of ports it covers.

Thanks,

Andrew

Subject: Re: CVP Redundant Port Licenses
Replied by: ALEX SMELIK on 27-08-2008 10:52:09 PM
Andrew,

This license covers ports providing queue and self-service capabilities of CVP.

Thank you,
Alex.

Replied by: Adam Mermel on 27-08-2008 11:49:48 PM
Adding to Alex's comment, the part number referenced is for redundant ports. The customer must also have ordered (at least) 1500 CVP ports to get 1500 redundant ports.

The pak associated the customer will get is CVP-4X-PTS-TOTAL, which is the combined number of ports. In addition, the customer will recieve a PAK for CVP-Server-SW which provides the call server license.

Replied by: Andrew MarcAurele on 28-08-2008 02:50:26 AM
OK - So to drill down a little further. The customer has two existing data centers with 1500 CVP Call Server and 1500 VXML Ports each (6x500 CS and 4x750 VXML). The third site was designed to be a redundant site and would require 1500 ports for 3 Call Servers and 1500 ports for 2 VXML servers.

Should we had ordered 3000 redundant ports? We ordered 1500. We also ordered 5 CVP server licenses and I am just trying to figure out how I am going to get individual server port licenses.

Replied by: ALEX SMELIK on 28-08-2008 03:27:14 PM
Andrew,

1500 of CVP-4X-M500-REDPT covers 1500 redundant VXML ports. Call Director ports are licensed per server and if your deployment is not pure UCCE than you will need three CVP-41-CC-600 for Call Director servers. There is no redundant server licenses for Call Director servers.

Alex.

Replied by: Andrew MarcAurele on 09-09-2008 05:46:57 PM
For future use:

CVP-4X-M500-REDPT will get you a port license for the VXML servers. We did not receive a PAK number with our order and needed to contact the licensing team: licensing@cisco.com to get our PAK number. We provided the sales order number and were given a PAK number. We then used the online licensing tool www.cisco.com/go/license to generate our license keys based upon the 'system id' of the VXML server.

The license key for the Call Server is covered by the server license part number:
CVP-41-SERVER-SW
You should receive an envelope with the serial number. We again contacted the licensing team (above) and provided the sales order number, serial number and IP address of the Call Server. They responded with the license keys.

Thanks to Alex and Adam for their help with this.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links