Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Hossain Ahmed Ashfaque on 30-07-2013 08:49:32 AM
Hi,

Using finesse default callcontrol.jsp if any agent try to make a consult call with supervisor then after dialing the supervisor number agent can see both transfer and conference option on the Finesse agent desktop. is there any way to disable the conference button from the callcontrol.jsp so that agent can only see transfer option?

LearningSampleGadget-9.1.1.zip folder has the below file

_local_app_jenkins_workspace_finesse_sjc_integ1_anydeploy_finesse-javascript-library_target_staging_finesse_restservices_Dialog.js.html

Where I found the below codes.

finesse.restservices.Dialog.Actions = {
DROP: "DROP",
ANSWER: "ANSWER",
HOLD: "HOLD",
BARGE_CALL: "BARGE_CALL",
PARTICIPANT_DROP: "PARTICIPANT_DROP",
MAKE_CALL: "MAKE_CALL",
RETRIEVE: "RETRIEVE",
CONSULT_CALL: "CONSULT_CALL",
TRANSFER: "TRANSFER",
TRANSFER_SST: "TRANSFER_SST",
CONFERENCE: "CONFERENCE",
UPDATE_CALL_DATA: "UPDATE_CALL_DATA",
DTMF : "SEND_DTMF",
ACCEPT: "ACCEPT",
REJECT: "REJECT",
CLOSE : "CLOSE"
 };

If I remove CONFERENCE: "CONFERENCE" from the code will it disable the conference button from Finesse agent desktop?

Regards,
Ashfaque

Subject: RE: New Message from Hossain Ahmed Ashfaque in Finesse - General Questions:
Replied by: Hossain Ahmed Ashfaque on 30-07-2013 09:40:19 AM
Hi David,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I just noticed in the sample finesse.js file

It uses the below code calls the CONSULT_CALL
..............................................................................................................................
    makeConsultCall: function (mediaAddress, toAddress, handlers) {
        this.isLoaded();
        var contentBody = {};
        contentBody[this.getRestType()] = {
            "targetMediaAddress": mediaAddress,
            "toAddress": toAddress,
            "requestedAction": finesse.restservices.Dialog.Actions.CONSULT_CALL
        };
        this._makeRequest(contentBody, handlers);
        return this; // Allow cascading
    },
...........................................................................................................................................
And CONSULT_CALL have the below actions under it
..........................................................................................................................................
finesse.restservices.Dialog.Actions = {
     CONSULT_CALL: "CONSULT_CALL",
    TRANSFER: "TRANSFER",
    TRANSFER_SST: "TRANSFER_SST",
    CONFERENCE: "CONFERENCE",
.........................................................................................................................................
Which means if for my custom call control gadget if I remove CONFERENCE: "CONFERENCE", then it will not show/provide the conference option. Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
Ashfaque

Subject: RE: Disabling conference button on Finesse Agent desktop
Replied by: Hossain Ahmed Ashfaque on 30-07-2013 10:12:09 AM
Hi David,

Thanks for your answer.

Just a quick question, Is there any ploicy that do not allow partners to modify the sample finesse.js file.

Beacsue I thought that sample finesse.js is provided by cisco to help partners for Finesse customizations and the same mentioned inside the sample finesse.js file too.

Regards,
Ashfaque

Subject: RE: New Message from Hossain Ahmed Ashfaque in Finesse - General Questions:
Replied by: David Lender on 30-07-2013 08:53:10 AM
There is no way to disable the conference button from callcontrol.jsp   The call control gadget enables the buttons based on the participant actions in the dialog for the agent participant.  There is no way to override the call control gadget other than writing your own call control gadget and replacing the one from Cisco.

Replied by: David Lender on 30-07-2013 09:46:10 AM
You cannot just remove the CONSULT_CALL action from the Actions array.  You would have to hide your consult call button.  Also, you should not be modifying finesse.js

Replied by: David Lender on 30-07-2013 10:30:10 AM
If you modify it (finesse.js)  then Cisco can no longer provide support for it.  Removing the conference function from the finesse.js library is not the way to go.
You will just need to create your own call control gadget that does not display a conference button despite the action for conference being enabled in the participant actions of the dialog.

Subject: RE: Disabling conference button on Finesse Agent desktop
Replied by: Hossain Ahmed Ashfaque on 30-07-2013 10:39:05 AM
Ok understood, Thanks again

Regards,
Ashfaque
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links