Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Kevin Pickard on 01-10-2011 01:24:42 AM
When I originally installed Finesse 8.5(1) and made my CTI Server settings changes via the /cfadmin page (and restarted Finesse) I could see Finesse connecting to my UCCE PG via the ctisvr process. I could see the connection being reported in the ctisvr process window.

Now when I install Finesse 8.5(3) and again make my CTI Server settings changes via the /cfadmin page (and restart Finesse) I see no such connections being reported.

I am using all the same settings in both cases. The 8.5(3) just has the additional CCE Administrator Server Settings.

I have switched back and forth between the two versions with the same results so it is completely reproducible. I am guessing that there is a problem with the CCE Administrator Server Settings and that is preventing the newer version from even trying the CTI Server connection. Of course I could be totally wrong on that guess.

In any case, in looking at the webservices logs I see lots of UNABLE_TO_CONNECTT_TO_XMPP_SERVER errors. And in the Desktop-webservices logs I see "XMPPError connecting to localhost:5222".

I have attached my logs.

Subject: RE: Finesse CTI Server (ctisvr) Connection
Replied by: Kevin Pickard on 01-10-2011 04:36:01 PM
As a follow up to this, I noted in another thread to do the following under a root SSH session.

1) controlcenter.sh "Cisco Tomcat" stop
2) controlcenter.sh "Cisco Finesse Notification Service" stop
3) controlcenter.sh "Cisco Finesse Notification Service" start
4) controlcenter.sh "Cisco Tomcat" start

The 2nd step indicated the following:

Component is not running
Cisco Finesse Notification Service

When I then tried to start it in the 3rd step I got the following:

Cisco Finesse Notification Service (line repeated 14 times)
Component is not running
Cisco Finesse Notification Service

And in the log files I get all the XMPP server errors as listed above in original posting. Also looking at the Container-desktop logs I see the following. What is all the localhost:5222 stuff? I never entered localhost for anything.

%_pool-1-thread-89-OF1-2924-7-ccbu.desktop.XMPP:  Information associated with the following logged exception
%_pool-1-thread-7-OF1-2926-7-ccbu.desktop.XMPP:  {Thrd=pool-1-thread-7-OF1-2926} serverHost: localhost, serverPort: 5222, domain: VMW-CiscoFinesse.cisco.upstreamworks.com, pubSubDomain: pubsub.VMW-CiscoFinesse.cisco.upstreamworks.com, user: xmpprootowner, password: 2fqGd2Go?bkU4oz, resource: web_framework
%_pool-1-thread-7-OF1-2926-7-ccbu.desktop.XMPP:  Entering the method
%_pool-1-thread-7-OF1-2926-4-ccbu.desktop.XMPP:  The XMPP user is not connected and/or authenticated with the XMPP server
%_pool-1-thread-7-OF1-2926-3-ccbu.desktop.XMPP:  Failed to connect and/or authenticate with the XMPP server
%_pool-1-thread-7-OF1-2926-7-ccbu.desktop.XMPP:  {Thrd=pool-1-thread-7-OF1-2926} XMPPError connecting to localhost:5222.: remote-server-error(502) XMPPError connecting to localhost:5222.
  -- caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

And in Error-Container-desktop I see the following repeated endlessly.

%_pool-1-thread-86-OF1-2922-3-ccbu.desktop.XMPP:  Failed to connect and/or authenticate with the XMPP server

And finally in the openfire logs (desktop\logs\openfire\stderror.log) I see the following:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: INFORMIXSERVER does not match either DBSERVERNAME or DBSERVERALIASES.

And in desktop\logs\openfireservice\openfireservice.out I see the following:

Stopping process  based on the OpenFire service PID file

Any ideas?

Replied by: Kevin Pickard on 02-10-2011 10:41:54 AM
As a further follow up, I ran Wireshark on my UCCE/PG box (combined) and then rebooted the Finesse server. At no time does the Finesse server attempt to contact it for anything. Not a single attempt was made to contact the ctisvr on the PG or the SQL server. So whatever is wrong on the Finesse server it has nothing to do with the servers it is trying to contact. I suspect that the localhost:5222 stuff I saw in the logs might be the problem but where is it coming from?

Replied by: Kevin Pickard on 03-10-2011 01:03:16 PM
Here is our CCERealm file. I have just removed the password.

com.cisco.finesse.realm.driver=net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver
com.cisco.finesse.realm.dbURL=jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://VMW-UCCE85:1433;DatabaseName=icm85_awdb;domain=cisco.upstreamworks.com
com.cisco.finesse.realm.dbusername=Administrator
com.cisco.finesse.realm.dbpassword=<password removed>
com.cisco.finesse.realm.dbdomain=cisco.upstreamworks.com
com.cisco.finesse.realm.peripheralId=5001

Can you post your CCERealm file? This version of Finesse requires you have the realm settings correct in order to connect to the AW.

Replied by: Kevin Pickard on 03-10-2011 02:31:47 PM
For fun I just did a Wireshark trace on any traffic between the Finesse server and our domain controller during Finesse startup. As stated in an earlier post in this thread, I did not see any traffic at all between the Finesse server and our UCCE/AW/PG box when I did a similar trace.

Well in this case I was surprised to see that between the Finesse server and the DC that the only traffic going on was DNS lookups. I could not see any domain authentication happening at all. So does that mean it is not even trying to authenticate with the credentials in the CCERealm file?

And of the DNS queries I found the following sequence of queries.

DNS Standard query AAAA www.terracotta.org
DNS Standard query AAAA www.terracotta.org.cisco.upstreamworks.com
DNS Standard query A www.terracotta.org
DNS Standard query AAAA svn.terracotta.org
DNS Standard query AAAA svn.terracotta.org.cisco.upstreamworks.com
DNS Standard query A svn.terracotta.org

I find it interesting that the terracotta lookups are also being done on our domain. Is Finesse using Terracotta for off box cache?

Also just following the above I saw the following.

DNS Standard query PTR 0.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa

I think this would fit in with the localhost:5222 stuff I have seen.

Replied by: Kevin Pickard on 03-10-2011 03:31:42 PM
1. CSA is already disabled....confirmed with utils csa status.
2. vmw_ciscofinesse_ccm8_5_0_98000_400

Replied by: David Lender on 03-10-2011 12:48:46 PM
Can you post your CCERealm file?  This version of Finesse requires you have the realm settings correct in order to connect to the AW.

Replied by: David Lender on 03-10-2011 03:23:16 PM
1.Be sure you have disabled CSA (Cisco Security Agent)

2. Using root access perform the following command

echo $INFORMIXSERVER

and post the results here.  This seems to be built off the hostname of the system. Just trying to see if there's anything in there causing issues.

Replied by: David Lender on 04-10-2011 01:43:12 PM
We noticed that the Openfire jdbc url gets messed up if the hostname has the string ¿cisco¿ in it. You might want to try this out -

Edit  /opt/Cisco/desktop/openfire/conf/openfire.xml

Make sure that the following line has the correct values for the hostname and INFORMIXSERVER
<serverURL>jdbc:informix-sqli://vm31-ciscofinesse28:1545/openfire:INFORMIXSERVER=vm31_ciscofinesse28_phx</serverURL>

Restart Openfire using the following command
controlcenter.sh "Cisco Finesse Notification Service" start

We¿ll make sure this is not an issue with subsequent Finesse releases.

Replied by: Kevin Pickard on 04-10-2011 02:45:17 PM
Well my Finesse server hostname is VMW-CiscoFinesse so I am guessing based on the example you gave that my line should look like the following. Is that correct? If it is the service is still failing to start.

<serverURL>jdbc:informix-sqli://VMW-CiscoFinesse:1545/openfire:INFORMIXSERVER=VMW_CiscoFinesse_phx</serverURL>

Replied by: Kevin Pickard on 04-10-2011 02:49:14 PM
In other words it looks like I am supposed to  turn dashes to underscores and append _phx. Is that correct?

Replied by: Kevin Pickard on 04-10-2011 02:54:03 PM
The error from the openfire/stderror.log file is unchanged as follows:

The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: INFORMIXSERVER does not match either DBSERVERNAME or DBSERVERALIASES

Replied by: Kevin Pickard on 04-10-2011 04:15:05 PM
I modified my earlier changes and made the INFORMIXSERVER value all lower case as well and then I rebooted the Finesse server. I now have a ctisvr connection! I am now getting a different error when trying to log the agent in but I will start a new thread for that one.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links