How to provide Jabber for Windows Logs to TAC
When contacting Cisco TAC, TAC may request that you reproduce the deviation you are experiencing to review the deviation within the logs.
To help isolate the issue, it is recommendated that you remove any irrelavant messages from the logs by clearing out the previous logs prior to reproducing the deviation.
This will give TAC a good base line to investigate the further.
Cisco Jabber for Windows
To remove irrelavant data from the logs and provide TAC a good base line to investigate the issue further.
- Stop the jabber.exe process
- Delete all the existing logs located at,
- XP C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Logs
- Vista C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Logs
- Win 7 C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Logs
- Restart and reproduce the issue – preferably just ONCE to allow for an easier investigation.
- Note the time and also the name of the contact you are calling or having an IM session with.
- Include these in the summary for the Problem Report.
- For any issues related to contact resolution on the call history tab, get database file from following folder as this is not included in the problem report.
- XP C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History
- Vista C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History
- Win 7 C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History
- For any issues related to Media (Audio/Video) e.g. one way audio or video, missing audio or video, get wireshark traces aswell.
Providing logs in Jabber for Windows