Views
Helpful
Replies

Posts containing _AND_ rejected

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello everyone,

It appears that the new security measures implemented on CSC slightly impend its usability. I was just responding to a thread where I needed to explain how the longest prefix match works. I wrote a lengthy explanation, hit the Submit, and within a second, my whole post got rejected and lost with an explanation that I am prevented from posting this message, possibly due to many diverse reasons, one of them being an inappropriate use of SQL language in my post. Needless to say, I was quite annoyed.

After my adrenaline rush from losing an half-hour-long work subsided, I wrote the answer again from scratch, this time preventively copying it to clipboard before posting it, and after it got rejected again, I surmised that the protection is probably tripped by me explaning how binary numbers are ANDed. I used simple expressions in my post like 1 _AND_ 1 = 1 (remove the underscores), and this probably looked like SQL syntax to the protection.

If this is the case then I believe that rather than identifying SQL syntax in posts and rejecting them in their entirety, the posts should better be sanitized so that the SQL syntax is converted into a harmless escaped form.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Peter

5 Replies 5

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Peter,

You are right. I have been faced in the past. Now I have been make a habit of using Ctrl+C very often to come out of it. Needless to say, I don't enjoy pressing those keys again and again.

- Vivek 

Thank you Peter, Vivek, and Dan for your comments. Indeed we're trying to put measures to stop the spam.

We will be looking into the issues you have reported.

Monica

I hope you and your love ones are safe and healthy
Monica Lluis
Community Manager Lead

Thank you Peter, Vivek and Dan.  We are looking at the issues and also trying to keep the automated spammers away from the Cisco Support Community.

Thanks

Jamal Haider

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I fully understand your frustration.

I has been affected by another countermeasure. I has compiled my response, hit Submit - and  I has been requested (by page new to me) to confirm I'm not robot. Well, I confirmed it - but comment has been lost. I has been redirected to CSC homepage instead. Unfortunately, I have no screenshot of the page in question nor I catched CloudFlare Ray ID on page's bottom ...

So I'm using CTRL-C all the times - just to be sure.

By the way: 1 AND 1 = 1

I has learned such trick on former Jive system to rule over their policy. ;-)

Edited: Now I have the screenshot mentioned above:

By the way, with no unnecesarry details, the advice to run anti-virus scan needs to be considered rather bad joke in my particular case. It's pure false positive.

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I tried to create discussion with title TEST, will be deleted: Posts containing AND rejected

and text I used simple expressions in my post like 1 AND 1 = 1 and this probably looked like SQL syntax to the protection inside.

Then I created new comment in such thread with same sentence.

Both initial text as well as comment has been submitted with no issues.

It seems the issue has been solved with no notice ...

Quick Links