cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

agent email IMAP settings

Paul Austin
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All, This IMAP for agents is driving me crazy. Can someone please confirm my understanding?

Global settings:-

IMAP

Host/IP address - 1.2.3.4

port - 143

username - supportdesk (this is the email account of where I need to get the emails from)

password - password

SMPT

Host/IP address - 1.2.3.4

port - 25

username - supportdesk (this is the email account of where I need to get the emails from)

password - password

CSQ settings

email address that map to this CSQ - supportdesk@acme.com

I have been assured that IMAP has been enabled globally and on the accounts but still getting the error message about incorrect IMAP settings

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you create a new account for CCX; or, are you giving an existing account that you are trying to pull mail from?

Based on the way you phrased your post it sounds as if you didn't create a new acount.

The Cisco CAD Installation Guide/CAD 8.5 for Unified CM has a section (starts page 65) that explains this integration.

I highly recommend going through that section step-by-step with whomever has Exchange access. There are specific IMAP service settings that need to be set and the guide provides the exact details of what they should be as well as how to configure the account and distribution list(s).

Once you're comfortable with that your next troubleshooting point would be to use an IMAP client (e.g. Thunderbird) and see if you can connect to the mailbox and get/send messages to the DL address (i.e. the account also needs send-as rights for the DL). If that works but CCX still won't, turn up debugs on the EEM service and attach them to this thread noting what time you tried to apply the global settings page and the error returned.

frzhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are running UCCX 7, use Windows login account instead of email account. If it's UCCX 8, use alias in domain account.

UCCX 8:

If the e-mail account associated with the inbox on the

Exchange IMAP server is also associated with an

NT domain account, the IMAP server login field must be

specified as that domain account’s alias. For example, if

your Exchange user login name is

jane.doe@mydomain.com, and the account’s alias is

jdoe, then the IMAP login is jdoe.

UCCX 7:

If the account you are using to log in to IMAP is an

NT domain account, the login must be specified as

NTDOMAIN/NTACCOUNT/ALIAS. For example, if your e-mail