cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent ID: xxxxx, login validation for the address: xxxxxx, failed due to too many shared devices for the ACD line.

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Every once in a while we get the above error- it suggests that an agent DN has been allocated across two phones however this is not correct. Last week the agent was working but now stopped. The difference is that they moved between different computers laptop to virtual etc. I can only think the network connection was not cleared down correctly. Some others have suggested removing, add the agent to the PG user ( UCCE) but we have done this, they also had too remove all agents to solve their problem but we can not do this as we are in production

thanks

1 Reply 1

Martin Connolly
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using Extension Mobility along with CIPC? The reason I ask is that I just had this exact same problem.

Agent had moved desk and was using a different PC, the CIPC on which, was configured with a different Device name. However it still thought the user's DN was still registered to their old Device and so it thought the DN was shared between 2 different devices.

Go to Device -> Phone on CUCM, then in Related Links in top right hand corner select "Actively Logged In Device Report" and click Go - this gives a list of all devices and which profiles are logged in and the directory number.*(see Note for alternate way of doing this)

Select the old LoggedInDevice that they're no longer using - scroll down to the Extension Information section and click the Log Out button

Agent's DN should now be logged in on just 1 phone, now get the agent to try to login into Finesse or CTIOS again. (Note: I forced a reset of their new CIPC device as well so they'd have to log back in using EM on this - but I don't think this was really necessary)

* Note: You can also check this in jtapigw on PG. Use procmon connection to jtapigw, and use the jdi command to check the extension and look for the TerminalName, if it's the old device name then you need to log them out of this device first (see example below)

>procmon ams pg1a jgw1
14:14:58 Trace: EMT Creating Mutex Global\IMTConnect_DisconnectLock
>>>>jdi 3124
>>>>
Addr: 3124 ActiveLines: 0 RegistrationState: IN_SERVICE
m_CurrentInvokeID = 0
m_elapsedTPServicesRequestSeconds = 0
queuedDTMFDigits = null
sendingDTMFInProgress: N
sendQueuedMsgAddCallObserverResponse: Y
monitoredVirtualDialerPort: N
virtualDialerPort: N
loggedInAgent: N
DeviceStatus : UnmonitoredDevice
addressDeviceType : GWMSG.DEVICE_TYPE_DEVICE
observeredTypeString : logged Out Agent Device
isAddressRestricted: N
addressDeviceProtocol : PROTOCOL_SIP
silentMonitorStatus : 0
silentMonitoredCallID : -1
TerminalName : SEPOLDTERM
IPAddressingMode : IP_ADDRESSING_MODE_IPV4
CallID=-1 DeviceID=null/-1 LT=LT_UNKNOWN LCS=CS_NONE deviceTypeChanged=N prevDeviceID=/0 prevExt= prevDevTgDevStr=
CallID=-1 DeviceID=null/-1 LT=LT_UNKNOWN LCS=CS_NONE deviceTypeChanged=N prevDeviceID=/0 prevExt= prevDevTgDevStr=