cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent Queue calls not showing while they are busy or not ready

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

When agents are busy or not in ready state , new external PSTN incoming calls are not showing in their finesse. For internal calls, its showing without any issue.

Because of this, agents or supervisor are not knowing whether the calls are receiving or not to them when they are busy and not able to attend/handle those calls.

Is this default behavior? is this how it works? 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ok, now we're getting somewhere. So while I've never seen this, I do believe it's possible but will require custom reporting. Out of the box the product doesn't provide this.

david

View solution in original post

I can’t speak for Cisco, but I can tell you that I’ve not seen this out of the box for any other vendors. I suspect the main reason being is that it could result in agents “cherry picking” calls. What this means is that if they know ahead of time who is in the queue they will not want to take a tough customer thus creating a worst customer experience as well as employee experience for those agents who want to “pick” a good call out of the queue.

david

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

Any reply in this regard. Is this how it works? 

This doesn't make any sense and it's something I've never seen. A few questions:

1. Are both internal and external calls going to the same queue?

2. Where are agents trying to see queued calls?

3. Are both internal and PSTN calls handled by the same agents?

david

Agents and supervisor was requesting to view live queued call on their finesse page. I think this is not possible. they can only see the count in the queue right?

1. Both calls going to the same queue. 

2. The agents trying to see queue calls on the finesse page as they receive a call.

3. yes both internal and PSTN calls are handled by the same agents.

Agents should see the number of calls in queue for CSQ or skill they handle. Supervisors will be able to see the same for the teams they supervise. Out of the box the layout should allow this, can you check if your agents are using something different than the default layout?

david

They actually want to view live call waiting that shows caller number etc  and not the number of calls in queue for CSQ or skill.

I think this feature is not available in 11.6.

Ok, now we're getting somewhere. So while I've never seen this, I do believe it's possible but will require custom reporting. Out of the box the product doesn't provide this.

david

yeah. they were asking for out of box solution. 

Why cant cisco include this feature in UCCX? is there any reason?

I can’t speak for Cisco, but I can tell you that I’ve not seen this out of the box for any other vendors. I suspect the main reason being is that it could result in agents “cherry picking” calls. What this means is that if they know ahead of time who is in the queue they will not want to take a tough customer thus creating a worst customer experience as well as employee experience for those agents who want to “pick” a good call out of the queue.

david

Thank you for providing a valid point...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: