cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Amazon Lex with Cisco Webex CC

excellingvoip
Level 1
Level 1

I was checking for an option to integrate Amaxon lex bot with Webex CC?

But not finding any docs related to it. Please let me know if this is possible and if yes, how.

4 Replies 4

No integration currently and I suspect there will not be one for a long while. You could potentially do something with Connect->Lex->WxCC, but I wouldn't do it unless you have a very specialized Lex bot. WxCC integrates well with Dialogflow though. Personally, from someone who does both Lex and Dialogflow the latter is a much better experience and in my opinion far more powerful.

Thanks David.

But the customer is having Lex solution and want to integrate with Webex CC. So is there any ipaas solution provider or can we achieve it using custom API development. Any suggestions?

Without knowing your specifics yes you should be able to integrate things via API, but I don’t think it’s going to be clean and the cost will be much higher. For example, you ingress the call into Lex for the initial interaction. You write some data using the caller ID as your key. You then figure out where to send it to WxCC next, you will have to send this over the PSTN. The call arrives to WxCC, you now need to read that data based on the caller ID, then route as needed. In this case WxCC holds the agents, while AWS holds the IVR. You will have to pay for the minutes on the AWS side even while the call is in WxCC so that will double your cost. Again, I think it’s possible, just not ideal.

david

That makes sense. Thanks David.