cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

API error: CF_GENERIC_UNSPECIFIED Invalid Device in REST API with XMPP Events lab

YSear
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Am not able to sign-in a user in Finesse using REST API. The error shown in XMPP Console is as follow:

<errorMessage>CF_GENERIC_UNSPECIFIED</errorMessage>
<errorType>Invalid Device</errorType>

or as in the screenshot attached.

The things I have done are:

1. Checked Finesse status: In service

2. Added an account in Pidgin 

Any kind of help is appreciated!

Thank You.

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Invalid Device means that there is something wrong with the phone for the extension you are trying to login with. It could be that the phone is not registered, or there is an issue with it. Check the phone and try again.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi dekwan,

I'm a newbie in UCCE, please bear with me :)

I followed the DevNet lab "Finesse – Basic Dialog REST APIs with XMPP Events" with phone extension 5001, which I did not register before.

May I know how can I continue from here? I believe it's because the phone does not exist, but I am stuck with the phone registration..

Thank You!

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. It seems like our phone simulator restarted and unregistered all the phones for the Finesse environments for the learning lab. I have fixed this issue and you should be able to log in now.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: