Views
Helpful
Replies

Application without trigger

Chris Jacobsen
Level 1
Level 1

Two of the scripts in question are as follows:

Script A: Main IVR script, provides routing to different queues.  Accessible from the outside.

Script B: Scheduling script.  Used to check for holidays, hours of operation, and meeting closures.

Script A calls Script B via a "Call Subflow" step to find out if we are open, closed, or in a meeting.  Regardless of the status, Script B will provide data to a single variable which is then given back to Script A.

Script B did not have an application assigned to it, making updates a little more manual than I prefer, so I created an application and assigned the script to it.  If I update the script, the application updates to reflect the change, but if I update the application, the script doesn't reflect the change.  If I  debug the script, it doesn't show the change I made in the application.  When I created the application, I did not assign a trigger to it.  Would this be why there is a disconnect?  If I assign a trigger, can I still use the "Call Subflow" step or does it have to be something else (Trigger Application?)?

Chris

UCCX 10.6 SU2

5 Replies 5

Joe Price
Level 1
Level 1

After you update the application I believe you have to refresh the script under Application > script management. 

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Scripts do not need to be assigned to applications/triggers in order to be usable by other scripts as sub flows.

You need to refresh both the script and application for the changes to take affect.

Thanks Joe and Chris.  Sorry if it wasn't very clear.  I was struggling to describe it in a way that made sense.  I have performed different combinations of refreshes between the application and the script, removing the script and re-adding it, saving different options, etc.., but it never made a difference. 

Previously, Script B did not have an application and it worked fine.  All it did was check for a holiday and then give that variable back to Script A (or any other script that may have been calling it).  I wanted to add a little more logic and capability to it by allowing the user (me or a coworker) provide values that the script (B) would use to determine holidays, hours of operation, and meeting status.  Instead of making that change inside the script every time, saving it, and then refreshing the application, I wanted to create an application for Script B.  Problem being, if I make a change in the application, the script never sees it.  However, if I make the change in the script, it seems to work just fine.  So there appears to be a disconnect between the application and the script for some reason.  I've looked through the MIVR logs a little, but I'm not really seeing anything that stands out.

I'm planning on pulling some fresh MIVR logs again today and taking a closer look, but I am still open to suggestions or ideas of other logs to look through.  I'm also looking at the Trigger Application/Get Application Info steps, but I haven't gotten them to work correctly yet.

Thanks again for your help.

I am not in front of my lab to test this but am pretty sure the behavior you are experiencing there is a default one. When you make changes to the parameters within the script from Application page that only takes effect for that particular application and not to the whole script as a whole. That being said, same script can be assigned to an application and can also be serving the purpose of call subflow in various other main scripts however when you make any changes to the parameters of the script from application it is only applicable for that application and not to the other subflow scripts.

Regards

Deepak

I think I'm following.  So you're saying that if I call Script B from Script A, I can't make a change to the application for Script B and expect it to be used unless Script B was the original script being called.  Is that correct?  If that is the case, is my best option to use the "Trigger Application" and "Get Trigger info" steps to pull the data?