cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best time to test ewt

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I'm using a formula for ewt and it seems to work however I have concerns when to test it. We have created a script but it isn't live yet so does not have many calls. My understanding is that the EWT window is every 5mins rolling - is this correct?  At the start of the test there are no calls I then make a series of call - should I ignore these calls then say after 10mins then make the real test calls?

2. If I wanted to retest, would I wait for say 10 mins or does it calculate ewt from when the 1st of the call. And if so would need to make a series of call all which are answered so to "clear" the ewt

3.If I have a caller talking to the  agent,is it the next call ( call 2) to which is queuing where ewt is calculated again or is it that  3rd call which is now queuing against call 1 and call 2 - is call2 which is used to calculate? 

Thanks 

2 Replies 2

You're going to have to provide more information. What specific items are you using in your formula for instance. Are they 5 minute, 30 minute/interval, etc. Are they handled vs. answered, etc. All of these things need to be taken into account before you try and measure it.

The EWT formula I have been given is below

ValidValue(((PQ.PQ_NAME.CallsInQ+1)*(ValidValue(PQ.PQ_NAME.AvgHandledCallsTimeTo5,120))/max(PQ.PQ_NAME.Ready,(PQ.PQ_NAME.TalkingIn+PQ.PQ_NAME.TalkingOther))),100)<240

In my script , I have two EWT in two sections

Call in >>>>>>>PQ STEP>>>>EWT1 - (Greater then say 500) , if less then proceed to EWT 2 , if more play MOH - (less than 240) if less play WAV 1 , if more play wav 2

I replace the 240 with 500 for EWT 1

So the script has two EWT and depending the value it plays different files.

Also what does the 120 do in the above formula ?

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: