cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callvariable Layout based on Workflow

Venkadesh54
Level 1
Level 1

All - I have to show different call variable Layout based upon Workflow condition(inbound \ outbound).

I have verified document, it was mentioned to create HTTP action with layout name in  "user.layout",what would be URL suppose to be configured in HTTP action, please advice

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I got confirmation from the Finesse team that it is a doc bug. You can only manipulate the layout using workflows when the call is answered.

Like I mentioned before, assuming the call is coming via a script, you can set the user.layout ecc variable in the script so that when the call arrives to the Finesse desktop, it can use that layout.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In which document did you see where it mentions to create a HTTP action with the layout name? The only thing I see about user.layout is here: Cisco Finesse Administration Guide Release 11.5(1)  - Manage Call Variables Layouts [Cisco Finesse] - Cisco and there is no mention of using a workflow condition.

When you say outbound calls, do you mean the agent dials to a customer/another agent/etc directly? Or do you mean the contact center outbound calls using the outbound dialer?

Unfortunately, I don't think it is possible to use workflows to change the call variables layout. You actually need to set the user.layout ECC variable in the script itself. When the call arrives to the agent, the only allowed action is the answer. They cannot update the call variables, which would be needed to change the user.layout variable.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi I am referring following note added in the same document.

Manipulate Call Variables Layouts

with a Workflow

You can manipulate the call variables layout that an agent sees when a call arrives by using a workflow. To do so, configure an HTTP Request workflow action and set the value of the ECC variable user.Layout to the name of the custom layout to display.

For information about how and when workflows are executed, see Workflows and Workflow Actions.

For more details, see the section, "Adding an HTTP Request Workflow Action" in the white paper Cisco Finesse: How to Create a Screen-Pop Workflow.

Hi,

Thank you for pointing that out. I attempted this on my Finesse 11.5 setup and wasn't able to update the ECC variable because it is not an allowable action.

Let me talk to the Finesse team and I'll get back to you.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi - did you talk with finesse team about this request

Yes, but I haven't gotten a reply back yet.

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I got confirmation from the Finesse team that it is a doc bug. You can only manipulate the layout using workflows when the call is answered.

Like I mentioned before, assuming the call is coming via a script, you can set the user.layout ecc variable in the script so that when the call arrives to the Finesse desktop, it can use that layout.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: