Views
Helpful
Replies

Capturing time in a script

george.ingles
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are running IPCC express 7.0(1). In a script I need to get the time near the beginning of the script and again close to the end then update a SQL database. It is working fine other than the times are the same. I put a delay(10) and still shows the same time. I'm thinking the time is captured when the script launches and not when d[now].hod   d[now].min   and d[now].sec is executed.

Is there a way I can capture  time(.hod, .min and .sec) in real time not just when the script is launched?

2 Replies 2

George,

I'm running IPCC Express 7.0(1) as well and I just tested this.   If I put a set variable1=T[now] followed by a 30 second delay and then another set variable2=T[now] and I get different times populated into each variable (h:mm:ss).   I've also tried this using the same variable and the second set statement overwrote the time into my varible.   It might be best to capture your date in one variable and your times in seperate variables and then write that to your db.  Just a thought.

Glenn

Thanks for the post Glenn. I was using the D[now], T[now] logic in the variables as values. I moved it into the script and it is working fine.

Thanks again