cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX 7 - Get digit string of variable length without confirmation trigger

sirokye710
Level 1
Level 1

I'm developing a phone tree with a get digit string step that can accept a variable length of digits.  In the get digit string step I want the step to not retry if the user has entered some digits but not hit a confirmation trigger (max digits, termination digit entered, etc).  I can do this by just setting the retries to 1 and then creating a if statement to check if the digit string is > 1 and if it is 0, play a prompt and then use goto label step, but I was wondering if I'm missing something and don't need to go through all that trouble.

1 Reply 1

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It sounds like you're doing it right.  Except I don't think you should set your retry to 1, but instead 0.  You want to manage the retries with your own logic.

The Get Digit String step has two success branches really.  The literal Successful branch and the Timeout branch.  The reason I say that the Timeout branch is a success, is because of variable length input.  This is how I handle variable length input with the Get Digit String step.  The only real failure branch is the Unsuccesful one, in which case the caller entered nothing at all.

Set retry_counter = 0

Ask Caller for Input:

caller_input = Get Digit String (--Triggering Contact--)

Successful

Ask Caller for Input Validation:

Switch (caller_input.length())

Length is 3

/* Caller entered an area code */

Length is 5

/* Caller entered a zip code */

/* Caller enter some other quantity of digits */

Goto Ask Caller for Input Failure:

Timeout

Goto Ask Caller for Input Validation

Unsuccessful

Ask Caller for Input Failure:

If (++retry_counter >= max_retries)

True

Goto Operator

False

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, P[invalid_input.wav] + P[please_try_again.wav])

Goto Ask Caller for Input

Operator:

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.