cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX 8/9.x Speech Reco ("get digit string")

Samuel Womack
Level 5
Level 5

I need to be able to Speak a Date in such as January 20, 1990 and populate a String Variable with the result (granted my Grammars are straight) however, The Get Digit String step won't do this for me (and I don't have a test environment yet).  What Step will I need to Use?  How to populate the String would be helpful as well.  Thanks.

Sam

1 Reply 1

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's been a while since I did this, but I think it's the Generic Recognition Step.  It could also probably be done with the Simple Recognition step, but I think that one is more for when the user is making a selection from a set of choices.  I say probably, because technically, saying a date is making a selection from a set of all of the dates which have ever existed.  But, I think you can see how that might not work.

Have you read the step reference guide?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_9_0/programming/guide/SeriesVol2.pdf

This is a subject which does not get talked about often on these forums.  I wish more people used it, and then we'd have more discussions about it.  In my opinion, I think that it's just too complicated, expensive, and the masses just are not ready for it yet.  I've used a few ASR systems personally, and I always feel more comfotable just pressing the digits.  That's me though.

Good luck.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.