Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX 9.0 Question

binu.john
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a upgrade for CCX 8.5 to 9.0 version soon, we were having an issue before with CCX 8.5 before with a prompt "are you stilll there".

By the help of TAC we had removed the same.

So does anyone knows still this "prompt" is there in CCX9.0? If its still there,is there anyway to delete it.

Regards

John

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

John,

How did you delete it? Normally to get rid of it you simply adjust the scripts, if that is what you did then there is no worry as the scripts will behave the same after the upgrade.

HTH,

Chris

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

John,

That is a system prompt and in pre-9.x versions when you applied a service release or upgrade, the system prompts would be replaced with the packaged versions. I have known people to re-record the "still_there.wav" file (which is the prompt file you are talking about) as a "blank" file to avoid the prompt. They have had to reload the blank file after doing an upgrade.  I assume, but am not positive, that the same would be true for 9x.

Personally, if I don't want a menu step, caller input step, and the like to re-prompt for entry then I would set the retries to 0 (I think it is 3 by default). That would also avoid the "still_there.wav" prompt file from being played out. That said, if 9x behaves in the same fashion as previous versions then you should just add a step to your upgrade procedure to replace the stock prompt file.

I guess I need to make some room on my vmware host for a UCCX 9 system ;-)

HTH.

-Bill (@ucguerrilla)

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify