cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX Data Source ODBC connection

edguidry
Level 1
Level 1

I am staging CCX 11.5 and I would like to configure a Data Source that is currently in use on the production CCX cluster.   Can anyone confirm if this is possible?   And what the limitations might be.   Is it possible for 2 UCCX clusters to use the same ODBC connection to a database?

Thanks,

Eddie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Eddie,

You an definitely use the same Data Source connection on two different UCCX clusters. From UCCX perspective, it really does not care if any other instance of UCCX cluster is also using the same data source. As long as the server to which Data Source connection is pointing can cater to all the requests coming from both the UCCX then there should not be any problem. If the combined requests from both the UCCX servers is too much to handle then there might be delays in processing the DB Dip requests within the script that can cause issues. However, from my experience all the well known Enterprise DB servers such as Oracle, SQL etc can very well handle millions of records at the same time so really don't think there will be a problem.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Eddie,

You an definitely use the same Data Source connection on two different UCCX clusters. From UCCX perspective, it really does not care if any other instance of UCCX cluster is also using the same data source. As long as the server to which Data Source connection is pointing can cater to all the requests coming from both the UCCX then there should not be any problem. If the combined requests from both the UCCX servers is too much to handle then there might be delays in processing the DB Dip requests within the script that can cause issues. However, from my experience all the well known Enterprise DB servers such as Oracle, SQL etc can very well handle millions of records at the same time so really don't think there will be a problem.

Regards

Deepak

Thanks for the information!

Eddie