cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change ANI when rerouting call to 3rd party answering service.

Blacker025
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,   I am not certain if this should be a Contact Center or Call Manager question.  But since there is script involved I will start here.

We have a service desk that takes calls during day, and then forwards over to a 3rd party for AH calls.  

The issue:  The ANI from the original caller is being passed forwarded to the third party.  Not a big deal to me, but carrier is sending bill to callers as they see the ANI as not one of ours coming across our PRI.  In some cases the caller has called enough the carrier is blocking the forward.

In the script I have tired to use a "set variable" , "call variable", "caller line ID".  Placing in our local number.   However test show that the callers original ANI ID is still being passed on. 

Not sure if there is  script solution, or if there is something in the call manager I should be trying.

Any help most appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

I would do this on UCM. Create a Route Pattern that matches the full number of your third party supplier, set this up as you would do for a normal external route pattern.

In the Calling Party section enter the number you want to present in the “Calling Party Transform Mask”. I am not sure where you are in the world but the format of the number will vary. You may need to look at your PSTN gateway to see how many digits and what format you need to present.

Just be aware that this number could still be overridden in your PSTN gateway.

Graham