cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Location and State of UCCX

Paul Dunn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we are moving the physical location of our UCCX cluster (HA pair) to another part of the country and in doing so the IP, Subnet mask  etc. will be changed for which there is plenty of information. I was wondering if it is possible to change the Location and State (which is input at the time of install) of the UCCX's to the new location and state? These two settings (along with Organization, Untit and country) are used in the Certificate Information.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Can you mention the version of the product?

I had tried to re-ip and re-name a UCCX 10.x server once, and because the way Cisco scripted that set of CLI commands, it wouldn't let me progress the change without having the original network available. I.e., I had to re-name and re-ip on the original network before moving the server, though, I had already moved the server. In full disclosure, I was booting up a copy of a server virtual machine, not actually moving a server. Similar.

In my opinion, if you're using these commands, Cisco should just let it happen, regardless of what's available. Sure, put up a disclaimer saying you might break the whole thing, but don't try and protect me, by preventing me from doing what I need to do.

Needless to say, it was a less than perfect scenario, and I am now bitter about the whole thing. I'm sure you're experience will be different.

I digress. Yes, you can change the Location and State via the CLI with the set web-security command. You are correct that this information is used in the creation of the certificate, and so then, you'll either:

A) Have no issues, because you're signing your server certificates with a CA and thus all clients will inherently trust the newly generated certificate (you'll need to generate a CSR, sign it, import it, restart the server)

B) Have some issues with getting the new certificate on client machines, but clients will then trust the new cert.

C) Have some issues with clients trusting the certificate, and thus, a poor user experience.

Hi Anthony, thanks for your response. Did the UCCX comeback with any messages at all regarding the need for the original network when you were changing the IP and host name?