Views
Helpful
Replies

CIM 9.0.1 SSL SMTP Authentication

whenusayloveme
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm implementing CIM version 9.0.1 with UCCE integration and applied SSL for POP3 (port 995) and SMTP (port 587 with SMTP authentication), now POP3 with SSL is working but the SMTP with SSL is fail to deliver e-mail. There are an error in dx log indicate that there is a read time out error while CIM delivering e-mail.

- Is there anyone successful integrate SSL with CIM 9.0.1 on SMTP port 587?, please provide suggestion.

Note: We've also tried both SMTP SSL port 587 and 465.

Winai.

3 Replies 3

ing_robertoruiz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, whenusayloveme

sorry for not being able to answer you on this issue, but I wanted to ask you already did that implementation. I also I have a CIM 9.0 but I need to integrate the email with Outlook Web 365 (in the cloud) that uses POP3 and SMTP parameters to ports 995 and 587 respectively with SSL / TLS, I have not tried yet because I need access to the internet in Services server, for connection by SSL / TLS riquered of any digital certificate?, if it was so, as you get?, who's you provide?. In my case Microsoft Outlook support tells me he can not give certificates of their servers to third parties. Could tell me how was your integration with SMTP/POP3 mail server SSL / TLS you used?

I would appreciate a lot if you could guide me on what you did.

Thanks and Regards!!

RIRB

Hi,

Because of security policy we can't do as your solution. Now we are using self-sign certificate with installed on Mail Server and CIM server. We tested by email client with good result for send/receive with SSL. Then we do the same thing on CIM but fail to send mail out.

Winai

Hi Whenusa Hi, what you mean is that you have your mail server internally?, Local mean?. Then you did self-certified, who generated them? (mail server or CIM server), As you generated? who is your email provider? (Outlook, Lotus, etc). If you could install certificates in the CIM server, then you can only receive emails and can not send them?, Ie only works with mail arrival.

I am interested in learning as part of the certificates, as data are generated and that you needed to generate them?

I appreciate your help to solve this topic of certificates

Thank you

RIRB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: