Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CAD 10.0.2 database not getting created or Replication not working

DJ Kulkarni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been working for long on CAD and every deployment of PG I face new issues.

UCCE 10.5.1

SQL -- 2008 R2 with latest patch

CAD - 10.0.2

Following is the issue after installing the SQL and CAD as per the guide carefully the FCRasSvr database is not getting created ie the replication is not happening with PGA CAD and PGB CAD.I have tried all various options but still the same issue

I checked we can install CAD 10.0.2 directly on new install rather than putting CAD 10 but mostly that is the issue

Kindly let me know if there are any thoughts I have followed the troubleshooting guide completely for this

Regards,

DJ

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

It's been a while since I worked with the CAD replication problem. I looked back at a very old (2010) document I wrote on CAD Replication issues.

The best thing to do is log into the Primary as the Local Administrator and run CAD PostInstall.exe. Remove RAS Replication if it exists and reboot both servers.

If it does not exist and you want to apply it again, make sure when the first box pops up (verify hostname of the primary server) that you just use the hostname - no domain extension. It will probably pop up with the FQDN, but change it to the short hostname. Likewise for the secondary.

Once it has finished and says it's OK, run Desktop\bin\ReplicationStatus.exe to double check.

In my experience, using Local Admin and short host names usually fixes things.

You can use SSMS on the primary_hostname\CADSQL and examine the details of replication:

* FCRasSvr should have the little hand under it
* craDistribution DB should exist
* Replication Monitor should not show any alerts
* There must be a publication under Replications/Publications and it must be active
* Under SQL Server Agent there must be a bunch of jobs and there must be no failures

Regards,
Geoff

Hi,

I have tried all that thanks for the info.

I get the below error in SQL logs and it does not create the FCRasSvr database but it does craDistribution database fine

spid55      A problem was encountered accessing FCRasSvr. INSTRASDB.SQL terminating.

Login failed for user 'xxx\xxx'. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database.

And local admin has the "sysadmin" role in your SQL Server?

Regards,
Geoff