Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure RAID 1 in a MCS7816-I4 CCX1

mj.jimenez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have purchase a MCS7816-I4 CCX1, and have notice that the server has only one hard disk (the last time we say yes to a Cisco engineer without check)

I was wondering if is it posiible to puerchase a sencond HDD a configure RAID 1 between the two HDDs.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

you will ned MR10i Raid controller , no other controller on thw whole planet will let the setup continue without it.

Amer

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello,

Is the server active and on production or it is clean ?

Amer

Hi,

Currently it is clean... we were going to install the CCX software.

Thanks in advance

In this case yes , but be aware that you can't configure any raid if you have less than 2 HDD , buy the second HDD and start implementing the system.

Just one question , what is the UCCX version you are going to implement?

Amer

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, we were going to purhcase the second disk, but we did not knok if we need for an extra SAS/SATA controller for the this "IBM" server.

We are currently migrating from 4.1 to a 8.0

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

you will ned MR10i Raid controller , no other controller on thw whole planet will let the setup continue without it.

Amer

Hello,just one another thing , i always check with PDI for the exact equivelent for

the server from IBM , i am sure that MR10i is the only raid controller supported on the M2 series (7845), you have just to check the model of your server and the

supported raid controller ,i saw a couple of hours ago, that the M3 servers are required with BR10i , so please check with the PDI or the datasheet of the server to check the supported raid controller .

normall if you order the server as OEM from cisco then there should be a RAID controller installed.

Amer.