cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ContextServiceClient.flush API signature

joshorva
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The JavaDoc for the ContextServiceClient interface includes a method named "flush". The signature is as follows:

<T extends BaseDbBean> void flush(Class<T> classType)

This signature leads me to believe that I can flush objects of type BaseDbBean. These types include Field, FieldSet, Customer, Pod, and Request. However, the runtime seems to only support the type ContextBean. If I try to flush a Field or a FieldSet, then the runtime throws an ApiError (Unable to serialize bean).

Is the signature correct, suggesting that I should be able to flush Field and FieldSet, or should the signature be changed to the following:

<T extends ContextBean> void flush(Class<T> classType)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ccosenti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Joseph,

The signature is correct. However, the functionality to flush Fields and Field Sets is not generally available, only system admin users (Cisco) has the ability to flush Fields and Field Sets.

We do need to provide more details in the Javadoc and provide a better error message. Thanks for pointing this out!

Thanks,

Chris

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ccosenti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Joseph,

The signature is correct. However, the functionality to flush Fields and Field Sets is not generally available, only system admin users (Cisco) has the ability to flush Fields and Field Sets.

We do need to provide more details in the Javadoc and provide a better error message. Thanks for pointing this out!

Thanks,

Chris