Views
Helpful
Replies

Copy CCV to clipboard

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We're using UCCX8.5 with CAD.  We use Custom Call Variable 1 to hold a caller's employee ID.  We don't have CTI integration with our CRM app (yet).

So agents copy/paste CCV1 into the app.

Is there a way for CAD to automatically copy the CCV1 field to the clipboard?  I was thinking I could do this via a Voice Contact Workflow, but I couldn't find a way.

Thanks,

Bill

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tom.sullivan
Level 4
Level 4

There isn't a specific function for copying to the windows' clipboard. 

If so, you could consider using a keystroke macro to open notepad, insert the variable, select and copy the variable in notepad, close notepad.  That's fairly convuluted.  My bet is that others use the macro to simply navigate to the variable field in CAD, select, and then copy.  That may not work quite as consistently if the layouts vary from call to call. 

Then again, if you're going through all that trouble, why not use the macro function to find focus on the CRM and insert the variable in the right field.   I'd be inclined to pursue this route.

Tom

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

tom.sullivan
Level 4
Level 4

There isn't a specific function for copying to the windows' clipboard. 

If so, you could consider using a keystroke macro to open notepad, insert the variable, select and copy the variable in notepad, close notepad.  That's fairly convuluted.  My bet is that others use the macro to simply navigate to the variable field in CAD, select, and then copy.  That may not work quite as consistently if the layouts vary from call to call. 

Then again, if you're going through all that trouble, why not use the macro function to find focus on the CRM and insert the variable in the right field.   I'd be inclined to pursue this route.

Tom

Good suggestions, thanks Tom.  I'll investigate working directly with the CRM.