Helpful
Replies

Create XML Document: File not Found Exception

Felix Sarayar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

UCCX 8.5

I've spent a few days on this, and after looking at different examples from this forum like this one:https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2135074

, I don't know why my implementation does not work.

I'm just doing:

- Create XML Document step to load the XML file

- Get XML Document Data to read the value in the XML file.

- I expect to see the value 'false' in XMLVal.

Contents of file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<Emergencys>

<Emergency1>false</Emergency1>

</Emergencys>

When I do reactive debug I get this:

The template variable has the following value during/after the Create XML Document Step

The XML Files are in the Document Repository and has been verified OK.

Regards

Felix

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The error shows the system is looking for the file in the language folder of "en_US" however you screenshot of the document shows that it lives in the language folder of "en_AU".

There's a couple of ways to fix this, but you need to ask yourself if you really want an en_US contact access an en_AU file. Typically you'll want the file to be associated with the same language as that of the caller. If the document is language agnostic, then put it in the Default folder. This way it applies to all languages.

You have three main choices to fix this:

1. Move the file into either the en_US folder, the en folder, or the default folder
  2. Change the language of the contact either at the trigger, or within the script with the Set Contact Info step. EDIT: You should change the language to en_AU.
  3. Qualify the document within the script like this: DOC[emergency.xml] @ L[en_AU]

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The error shows the system is looking for the file in the language folder of "en_US" however you screenshot of the document shows that it lives in the language folder of "en_AU".

There's a couple of ways to fix this, but you need to ask yourself if you really want an en_US contact access an en_AU file. Typically you'll want the file to be associated with the same language as that of the caller. If the document is language agnostic, then put it in the Default folder. This way it applies to all languages.

You have three main choices to fix this:

1. Move the file into either the en_US folder, the en folder, or the default folder
  2. Change the language of the contact either at the trigger, or within the script with the Set Contact Info step. EDIT: You should change the language to en_AU.
  3. Qualify the document within the script like this: DOC[emergency.xml] @ L[en_AU]

Anthony Holloway

Hi Anthony

Thank you for your help.

Option 2 didn't work

Option 3 did work!

Thanks again

Felix

Sorry about that.  I'm curious to know why it didn't work.

Could you tell me exactly what you did for option 2?  Also, I forgot to mention that the language you should change it to is en_AU.  I have edited my reply.

Anthony Holloway

Hi Anthony,

This is what is weird about it since the beginning.

My Trigger/Application was set to en_AU, so I would've thought that it should know where to look (unless it is different with documents vs prompts)

I set the above step as such, and came up with the same error.

Not until I fully qualified the variable as you said in option 3 that it worked.

Bug maybe??

Felix

Felix Sarayar wrote:

Bug maybe??

Most likely.

Anthony Holloway

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: