cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CS Lab_Mode Usage / Behavior

bwestby2015
Level 1
Level 1

I've been doing testing with CS and I found if I create a customer with LAB_MODE=true, I can't search for that customer with LAB_MODE=false.

Does LAB_MODE in CS create customers, requests and PODs in a separate instance of CS?

I'd like to work only in LAB_MODE=true so I can clean (remove) all the data I delete once I'm finished testing something.  If I set LAB_MODE=true in my java test app, and set LabMode=true in CVP's vxml.properties file I can create customers, requests, PODs and get PODs back in CVP VXML applications successfully.

The problem is Finesse, it has no LAB_MODE that I can find, so I can't work with java apps and CVP in LAB_MODE=true and then use the CS Finesse Gadget to see and manage my customer.

I looked at the SDK and didn't see exactly what LAB_MODE does except it describes I can delete data in LAB_MODE=true, but not being able to search or work with it from Finesse prevents me from using this mode and I'd like to know if there is a way to enable it for Finesse.

Thanks. Bill Westby.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vchhabra
Level 5
Level 5

Bill,

Production and Lab mode drive strict security boundary between the PODs written and you cannot go from one authorization space to another. Under the hood, they are created by separate accounts. As a result, you are not able to search PODs across these security boundaries, even though they are in same instance/org.

I’ve discussed this with Finesse PM. Finesse 11.5 will support lab mode. Unfortunately, there is no other way around it.

Regards,

Vikram

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

vchhabra
Level 5
Level 5

Bill,

Production and Lab mode drive strict security boundary between the PODs written and you cannot go from one authorization space to another. Under the hood, they are created by separate accounts. As a result, you are not able to search PODs across these security boundaries, even though they are in same instance/org.

I’ve discussed this with Finesse PM. Finesse 11.5 will support lab mode. Unfortunately, there is no other way around it.

Regards,

Vikram

Cool, thanks for the quick reply Vikram!

Good to know it’s coming for Finesse, keeps out the garbage I create in Prod J.

Bill.