Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI Rerouting with UCCX

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have a customer with CUCM 8.6 and UCCX 8.5. They have recently moved from ISDN PRI to SIP trunks via CUBE for inbound/outbound access to the PSTN.

The old ISDN PRI gateways sent the last four digits of the called number to CUCM and used a CSS with direct access to the partitions containing the directory numbers assigned to phones, CTI ports and CTI route points.

The new SIP trunks also send the last four digits to CUCM but use a CSS that only has access to a partition that contains translation patterns which pass the four digits through unchanged and have a CSS that has can access the internal DNs.

When I try dialling UCCX triggers (which use PSTN numbers) the call fails because the SIP trunk CSS cannot access the DNs applied to the UCCX CTI ports. If I change the Calling Search Space for Redirect setting on the UCCX trigger to Route Point Address Search Space the call is successful but users are reporting that they see their number as the calling number on the phone rather than the original callers number.

Is anyone aware of a solution to this?

I have also tried setting the Rerouting Calling Search Space on the SIP trunk to one with access to the internal numbers but this has not worked. It would be useful if it did as many applications (looking at you CUEAC ) do not have any rerouting functionality built in like UCCX does.

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

James,

You need to apply CSS to the SIP trunk that has access to the CTI Ports' partition, the CTI RP does not have to be directly accessible and can go via translation Pattern, but CTI port partition needs to be listed in the CSS assigned to SIP trunk, no way around it.

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the response. So the Rerouting CSS on the trunk is not a workaround for this? - I just assumed it was - the description from the documentation does not mention CTI ports and seems to say that it is only used for other SIP users.

Calling search spaces determine the partitions that  calling devices can  search when they attempt to complete a call. The  rerouting calling  search space gets used to determine where a SIP user  (A) can refer  another user (B) to a third party (C). After the refer is  completed, B  and C connect. In this case, the rerouting calling search  space that is  used is that of the initial SIP user (A).

Note Calling Search Space also applies to 3xx redirection and INVITE with Replaces features.

The default value for Rerouting Calling Search Space specifies None.

Is my only option really having to include the UCCX partition in the trunk CSS? - is there no way of resolving the presentation issues when using the Calling Search Space for Redirect option on the UCCX triggers?

There is a way around this.  You have to change the Trigger in UCCX.  Under Applications, go into the application you wish to change and click on the trigger.  Once in the trigger click on show more and change the calling search space for redirect from default to the one needed.  By default CUCM uses the originating device's calling search space for redirect and this changes this behavior so you do not need to add any additional partitions to the Gateway CSS if that is unwanted.