cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI route point from UCCX subscriber

kasper123
Level 4
Level 4

I'm testing a UCCX HA setup in a demo environment using the 60 days license the system provides.

After adding the second UCCX server I noticed that additional CTI ports have appeared in CUCM that are registered on the UCCX subscriber but no new cti route port registered on the subscriber has appeared in CUCM.

After disconnecting the UCCX publisher from the network the phones immediately lost communication with UCCX. 

Should there be a CTI route port registered on the subscriber?

How is the HA handled by the phones? What should I set to have the phones automatically register to the second UCCX node?

Regards. 

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

No - you have unique CTI Ports for each UCCX server.

They share the same CTI Route POints.

- Verify that all the CTI Ports are reigstered on the secondary (when viewing them in CUCM).

- When you fail the system over to the secondary, verify that the CTI RPs show as registered by your secondary UCCX 

- A failover does cause CAD to flip out, but it will usually log back in. The Phone Agent (if you use this) needs logging in again. Please clarify what client you use, and what exact symptoms you had.

- What tones/errors did you get when dialling UCCX?

- Verify that the CTI Ports for the secondary are in the correct parttiion, region etc, or put them in the same as the primary at least for testing.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

I'm fairly new to UCCX and currently I'm testing basic functionality.
As agents I'm using Cisco IP Communicator.
I have created a Call control group with two ports, assigned resources and skills, created a queue, an application and a trigger.

There are two UCCX. CTI ports from both servers are registered (all are in the same partition) and there is one CTI route point registered at the first node.

I created a phone service that lets the user login to http://ADDRESS_OF_UCCX1:6293/ipphone/jsp/sciphonexml/IPAgentInitial.jsp  
and added the service to the phone. (Should I also create one service that points to UCCX2?).

I login successfully as agent and everything works. Calls are received etc...

But when I disconnect UCCX1 from the network the CTI route point stays registered on UCCX1, the CTI ports from UCCX are unregistered and the agent is logged out.

How does a failover like this work? What else should I do to be able to continue operations with just UCCX2?

Regards.

Hi

So - the CTI RP showing as registered to the other server that isn't active is odd, but if it's working it's probably cosmetic.

You have to add a second URL/service for the Phone Agent, as the first URL is dead if the first server is dead. It doesn't automatically redirect to the second server.

CAD does this automatically.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yes I noticed that the CTI RP always shows as registered on only one of the servers (not necessarily on the publisher). I had both servers shut down and turned them on simultaneously. For some reason the CTI port was then showing as registered on the subscriber UCCX (I guess it booted faster?). Taking the subscriber offline would move the phone service to the publisher but the CTI RT still showed as registered at the subscriber.

Even after bringing back the subscriber the phone service then stayed active on the publisher but the CTI RP remained showing as registered on the subscriber.

Well it turns out I had to wait a bit longer.

I created a second phone service pointing to http://ADDRESS_OF_UCCX2:6293/ipphone/jsp/sciphonexml/IPAgentInitial.jsp

While the UCCX1 is active accessing this second service gives the message "Selected IP Phone service is not active. Select another IP Phone Agent service.".

After taking UCCX1 off the network when I tried accessing this service gave the same error as above. This led me to believe that my configuration was wrong but after 1 minute and 50 seconds the service was accessible and I was able to login and receive calls.

So the timing was:

-after 50 seconds of UCCX1 failing, CTI ports from UCCX1 went to status "Unregistered".

-after 1 minute and 50 seconds I was able to access the phone service on UCCX2.

By the way CUCM was still showing the CTI Route point registered to UCCX1. Is that expected behavior?