Helpful
Replies

CUCCX 8.5(1) and DNS reliance

raziel78kain
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

we are going to install a CUCCX 8.5(1).

We have read on the SRND (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/design/uccx851srnd.pdf, at page 118) that:

"There are certain CAD modules that rely upon reverse DNS lookups. If this feature is turned off on the machines running CAD services, there will be a loss of some functionality and errors will be generated and logged".

Do you know which CAD modules and functionality rely upon DNS?

Is the operation of CAD totally or partially compromised? How?

TIA and regards.

3 Replies 3

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

I had a customer set up without any DNS entries. Everything worked fine until I tried to set up agent email. Agent email relies on DNS to resolve the hostname/ip of the client, and would not work.

As it happened, the clients were on a few citrix servers, so I asked TAC to add entries for the citrix servers to the hosts file of the UCCX server. This was a temporary work-around (which is not officially supported), and I later set up DNS entries.

Remember, if you change dns entries after the initial setup, your license mac will change and the license will need to be rehosted.

Hello,

thanks for the quick answer.

Do you know other CAD modules that use DNS, except agent e-mail?

Regards.

I've noticed no other problems except for agent email. Every other feature of CAD (that I can think of) worked fine.