cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC 8.5(4) Java Error while trying to run custom report

Jonathan Adams
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer who is trying to run a custom report from CUIC, which is a "Real Time" stock report with graphics (i.e. pie chart).

When he tries to run it from his PC, he receives the following error: "X" could not load the specified page (java.lang.NullPointerException)

Is this a PC/ Java specific error, or could there be a larger issue with the CUIC pub/ sub or HDSs?

Thanks,

-Jonathan

3 Replies 3

Jonathan,

As far as I know, CUIC doesn't run any Java on the user's machine, the Java is running directly on the CUIC servers... This points to a couple possibilities:

• Something wrong with the report
  • Something wrong with the data the report is pulling
  • Something wrong with the CUIC server

Have you tried running the same report with the same criteria that the user used? What about running that same report again AS that user using CUIC "Run As"? Try it also from your different CUIC servers.

If you get the error when running the report yourself, check the SQL query on the report, and make sure it can run properly against the database as written using SQL Management Studio.

-Jameson

Jameson,

Thanks so much for your response.  I'm not sure which Stock Report they used when creating the stock report, but I can find out and give it a shot.  I have tried unsuccessfully to run the custom report from my machine from all CUIC servers.  I can check the SQL query, but the strange thing is that other users within this same department are able to run the same report without problems.  Their version of Java is different than the user who reported the problem.  I understand your first sentence and no need for Java on the client side but just thought I would throw that out there. 

Jonathan,

Glad to help if I can.

Have you tried checking logs in the Real Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT)? They're a bit cryptic, but there may be some extra information about the error there.

-Jameson