Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Field and Report Definition Corresponding

jmercado08
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a report that I want to check the corresponding report definition, is there a way to check that form the report itself? Naming conventions have already been messed up and I only that there is a custom field in report and I want to check the formula in the report definition. But however I tried to check each of the reports, I can't seem to find the exact report defintion with that concerned custom formula.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Glad that the issue had been resolved. With UCCE, the CUIC can only be used as standalone product. Standalone means that you install CUIC on a separate server and then create datasource pointing to the Administration Server and Historical Data Server (AW-HDS) to pull the UCCE related reports. 

Whereas in UCCX you do not need to install CUIC separately but it gets installed automatically as a part of UCCX installation on the same server (called as co-resident CUIC) and then pull the reports that way. So when I wrote So, by exporting the report together with all the fields, someone in csc will be able yo look for the report definition for that report? I actually meant to perform the steps that you did in case you do not have a standalone CUIC in your environment as co-resident CUIC does not have this option since it works with limited functionality opposed to full blown standalone CUIC server.

Hope it is clear now :)

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Probably because you might be looking for it in co-resident CUIC that comes with UCCX, unfortunately not possible with this. You will need a standalone CUIC server for this, in case you do not have one in your environment then you can export the required report and attach the complete Zip to this thread so that someone using standalone CUIC in CSC might be able to import it on their side and check for the formula you are looking for.

Regards

Deepak

We are using UCCE, Deepak. We dont have uccx or at least none that i know of. So, by exporting the report together with all the fields, someone in csc will be able yo look for the report definition for that report? What is a standalone cuic server? How do i know if we are on a standalone server or not? Any indication? And what is the other setup if not standalone? Thanks for the clarification and information.

Hello Deepak,

It's too simple yet it took me 3 days to find out. So I just right click on the report and click edit and Voila, there is the report definition you are looking for. Then go the report definition and find the custom field and its formula :)

Thanks Deepak for sharing ideas, too.

Glad that the issue had been resolved. With UCCE, the CUIC can only be used as standalone product. Standalone means that you install CUIC on a separate server and then create datasource pointing to the Administration Server and Historical Data Server (AW-HDS) to pull the UCCE related reports. 

Whereas in UCCX you do not need to install CUIC separately but it gets installed automatically as a part of UCCX installation on the same server (called as co-resident CUIC) and then pull the reports that way. So when I wrote So, by exporting the report together with all the fields, someone in csc will be able yo look for the report definition for that report? I actually meant to perform the steps that you did in case you do not have a standalone CUIC in your environment as co-resident CUIC does not have this option since it works with limited functionality opposed to full blown standalone CUIC server.

Hope it is clear now :)

Regards

Deepak