cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP Anti-Virus Compatibility

t.s.davis
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to determine the  compatibility of CVP 7.0.2 and Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0. The  BOM for CVP 7.0.2 mentions Symantec 10.1.5 but versions 8 and above list  SEP 11.0.

Is the 7.0.2 document just not updated or is there really only support for Symantec AV 10.1.5 with CVP 7.0.2?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

The docs are not updated and will probably never be.  If 8.0 supports it, then it's almost 99% that 7.0 will support it too... HOWEVER, install it on one server and see how it runs.  If you have any issues now you know.  If it works and down the road you open a TAC case don't be surprised when a TAC engineer tells you to remove it because it's "not supported."  Just remove it, solve the TAC case and install it again.

david

Most TAC engineers wouldn't have any issues with you installing whatever software you like on your machines as long as you're indeed willing to remove them as part of the troubleshooting. Mind you, not all AVs / firewalls are that harmless, as I learned the hard way this week. Microsoft ForeFront causes the CVP upgrade installer to only partially copy files over, blocks the OAMP Deploy / ORM communicatoin, ..

But indeed, AV products are not tested for 'backward compatiblity' with older UCCE / CVP releases. If a given AV has been certified for any CVP release, it's probably quite safe on previous releases too.

Cheers,

Kris

Thanks guys. I did install it and so far everything seems fine.