cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial by number ucce

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I  need to setup a simple ivr-pres 1 for z, press 2 for the, if you know the persons extension  enter it now. The set up will be for several offices, we are moving the pabx to cucm, the issue we also have is that the Old pabx extensions could be 2,3,4 digits and we are moving to 7 digits so need to insert extra prefix, site codes

I know we can use unity  but we are thinking of using Ucce since we are using it for other ivr's

What's the best way, has anyone done it with ucce, we would need to add extra site codes

Site a, caller press 3 then enters the old number 24, we need to insert sat 55512+27

Site b as above but this customer press  3 then enters 256, we need to enter 2224+256

I was thinking of capturing the caller inputs into a PV and then adding or concatenate the site code and the caller input into a new single  PV and put that  into  label to transfer the call to cucm? 

Or somehow 

I was thinking may be routing the call to a GW with a dial peer back to CUCM so to use translations back to cucm to add the missing dn

Thanks 

5 Replies 5

Personally, I would use Unity for this. You are just re-inventing the wheel and that wheel will need manual maintenance unlike AA in Unity. If you're dead set on using CCE, then do this in a CVP app where you can have granular routing rules like " if 3 digits and within x range append y".

david

I'm aware unity will be easier but my concern is that we may have 20+ offices using this feature so it may impact unity ports.

If I use icm then would this work

Caller Input 1-3

Option 3 is another Caller input which captures the actual DN and inserts that into a PV which I use for a label 

If we use a common wav file for the one menu choices then we could  configure it so all external main numbers,20+ offices point to the same script, then after the user selects option 3, have some if statement to capture the original Dnis of the 'office' and then since each office has its own site code then use concentrate the site with DN the user enter and apply that to a label to do the transfer 

Can you  concentrate two number and apply that to the text filed in a label 

User enters 23, site code from Dnis is 555 +12 so we make the full DN 555+1223 we put that in a pv and insert that into a label -can we do this with the label 

Yes, you can do that dynamically.

david

Use a DB Lookup based on the code entered and the DNIS. Construct the result in the database. Give yourself flexibility to change the rules outside of the script, because the rules will change. I cannot think of a better approach - this is so standard and by the book.

Regards,

Geoff

That's actually a good idea, specially as it provides error checking when a number is not in the DB. You can then setup a job to update the DB periodically.

david