cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Displaying UCCX CSQ ID on Phone

Jerad Medina
Level 1
Level 1

I am on UCCX 8.5. I am looking for alternative methods to present the CSQ ID to the agents phone; physical or soft.

Currently, I capture the CSQ ID in a variable in the scripts and present that data to CAD. However, not all agents use CAD maximized. The manager's like the agents to see the CSQ ID on the phone so they know what greeting to use when they answer the call. Currently each CSQ ID is labeled in its respected Call Control Group and that displays it on the phone. However, this does cause me to have a very large number of CCGs. What I am looking to do is eliminate those while still being able to present the CSQ ID.

Thanks for any ideas!!!

Jerad

4 Replies 4

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

with some additional programming it may be achieved.

First, you get the extension number of the selected resource.

Next, you resolve the IP address of the phone by the extension number, using AXL, from the CUCM.

And finally, you "push" an IP Phone XML object to the phone, containing the required information (using the phone's Execute CGI action).

Looks like an interesting project.

G.

Not quite. You would need to use AXL to determine which device currently has the extension (variance based on the possibility of EM) or is configured for the extension.

Once you know which device it is you could then query the RIS service to determine the registered IP Address of the device and issue the XML object to the phone.

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

Yeah, you're right.

Last time I needed Extension -> IP address resolution, was the good old days of CUCM 4.1, with DeviceListX.asp available and supported I knew AXL has this information but I forgot about the Extension -> Device step.

G.

Thanks a lot. If time doesn't allow this I am getting ready to integrate Salesforce with AMC's CTI software. From what I have been told I can pass that CSQ variable along to the integrated softphone with no problem. If that's the case I may just wait.

J