Views
Helpful
Replies

ECC Variables

himanshu87
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am new to UCCE enoirnment and i am trying to get head around things. I need some light on:

1. ECC variables. Are they defined per script or globally.

2. I read there are 27 ECC variables. Are they for CVP or generally.

3. How are ECC variables passed between ICM and CVP and how is data returned from CVP to ICM.

Thanks

Himanshu

4 Replies 4

Sasikumar Divvela
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Himansu,

1. ECC Variables are defined per script. You can change the values from script to script

2. Those are specific to CVP. These variables need to be configured exactly in ICM for proper communication between CVP & ICM.

3. Please go though the CVP config guide , There are different sections talk about the data passing between CVP and ICM (Passing data back to unified ICME with external voice XML,Pass data to unified ICME) 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sasikumar.

Hi Sasi,

Thanks for the info. 

I also have a question: difference between microapps and VXML application. and also where are these microapps stored and created.

Thanks

Himanshu

This doc should give the required info for you.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/cvp10_0/feature/guide/CCVP_BK_FA976D84_00_feature-guide-for-cisco-customer.pdf

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

ECC Variables are expanded variables for call context, they are bind to call like peripheral variables.

ECCs are not only used in CVP, they are used with IP IVR, Outbound Dialer. EIM/WIM.

you have to be very careful about the sizing, because you should always have space for future expansion. Not all ECC variables for CVP are necessary to define, see CVP documentation for scripting techniques.