cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ECE Interaction APIs - Unable to consume asynchronous messaging APIs

abdul.waheed
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to test ECE 12.0 Interaction APIs with Postman. There are three classifications I see in the API documentation. 

1. Login and Logout APIs 
  2. Interaction APIs 
  3. Asynchronous Messaging APIs

If I log in with the Administration User of any other defined user in Administration. I am able to consume the first two types of APIs. In short, I am able to log in, log out, create a customer, etc. but when I try to consume any service from Asynchronous Messaging APIs. I get an Unauthorized URL access error. It is an HTTP 403 error that says the client application is not configured to use the provided entry point

I am not sure how I can configure my client application. Right now it is Postman from where I am generating these requests. Am I missing anything? 

Method: getEntryPointConfigurations

URL:  http://my-ece-server/system/ws/v19/clientapplications/messaging/configuration

User: I am trying with one of my user under Administration>Departments>User>Users; 

Error: 

{
"code": "403-112",
"developerMessage": "Unauthorized URL access: Cisco application users are not allowed to access this URL."
}

ECE Version: 12.0 with ES1

Thanks, 

1 Reply 1

absahai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Abdul,

Have you created your authentication profile and got the access token before accessing these APIs?

chrome_1dyAmlPQpR.png