Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Equal distribution of inbound calls?

I have a team of 58 agents who are all set up to take inbound calls. Our current configuration routes an incoming call to any agent that has been on ready for the longest amount of time. I would like to know if it is possible to "level" these calls. 

For example, if I have an agent who has taken 3 calls for the day, and another has only taken 1, is it possible to present calls to the latter agent until both have taken 3 and then use the "longest ready" logic. 

Can this be done? 

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You did not tell us if you have CCX, UCCE, version, so I will assume you have CCX where the following CSQ routing algorithms are available, without any way of customization:

• Longest Available—Selects the agent who has been in the Available state for the longest amount of time.

• Most Handled Contacts—Selects the agent who has handled the most calls.

• Shortest Average Handle Time—Selects the agent who generally spends the least amount of time talking to customers.

• Most Skilled—Used for expert agent call distribution. Selects the agent with the highest total competency level. The total competency level is determined by adding the agent's competency levels for each of their assigned skills that are also assigned to the CSQ.

• Example 1: If Agent1 is assigned Skill1(5), Skill2(6), and Skill3(7) and CSQ1 specifies Skill1(min=1) and Skill3(min=1), the total competency level for Agent1 for CSQ1 is 12.

• Example 2: If Agent1 is assigned Skill1(5) and Skill2(6) and Skill3(7) and CSQ1 specifies Skill1(min=1), only, the total competency level for Agent1 for CSQ1 is 5.

• Least Skilled—Used for expert agent call distribution. Selects the agent with the lowest total competency level. The total competency level is determined by adding the agent’s competency level in each assigned skill.

• Most Skilled by Weight— Used for expert agent call distribution. Selects the agent with the highest total competency level multiplied by the skill’s associated weight.

• Least Skilled by Weight—Used for expert agent call distribution. Selects the agent with the lowest total competency level multiplied by the skill’s associated weight.

• Most Skilled by Order— Used for expert agent call distribution. Selects the agent with the highest total competency level in the ordered list.

• Least Skilled by Order— Used for expert agent call distribution. Selects the agent with the lowest total competency level in the ordered list.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_6/configuration/guide/uccx_b_unified-ccx-administartion-guide/uccx_b_unified-ccx-administartion-guide_chapter_0110.html

Hello Chris,

My apologies. I am actually just a supervisor in our call center and am reaching out for my own curiosity sake to see if this is something worth taking to my administration. I believe we are using CCX and that it is version 10.6. Our current CSQ algorithm is set to longest available. The agent who has be on "ready" status the longest receives the next call. Per you response, it appears there is also an algorithm for Most Handled Contacts. I am wondering if there is an algorithm for Least Handled Contacts? And if so, can that be combined with Longest Available. For example, could the call be presented to agent with Least handled Contacts 1st, and if all agents are equal, then longest available? 

Unfortunatelly the listed options are only what CCX allows.

Interesting that they opposite of "most calls handled" isn't an option. that is ultimately what we're trying to do. We want our agents who have received fewer calls in a day to be able to get the calls first until they are caught up to some that have had more calls in a day. Any advice on a way this can be done with the current algorithms that are in place?