Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse and Microsoft RDS

Hi All,

Was hoping you could assist. The company I recently joined uses contact centre, consisting of 150 agents. Most agents use an 8865 that connects directly to an access switch and registers to CUCM via a WAN link, so all fairly standard.

However, all the desktops use an IGEL solution which is VDI. This connects to Microsoft RDS for all their applications, including Finesse.

Practically every agent reports issues with inbound call connectivity. Either the call connects and there is silence, or Finesse freezes or they see the call appear on their phones, Finesse goes into a reserved state, but the calls disconnects before they are able to answer the call. It's happening very frequently. 

CUCM and UCCX are located on the same UCS server, in the same DC. The VDI sessions are located in Azure's cloud is my understanding.

I'm wondering if the VDI solution is causing signalling and CTI issues. My next step is to configure a local desktop/laptop and remove the virtual desktop solution from the equation.

Any thoughts or ideas would be most appreciated. 

Thanks

Jamie 

0 Replies 0